Having a round face is not easy, especially when it comes to showcasing hairstyles. Do long hair look better or short? Can I go without a pony? Can I try something edgy? So many questions and no answers – well, not yet. At StilCraze, we’ve decided to put an end to these questions and give you the answers you need!
How to Measure Your Face Shape
The first step to choosing the right hairstyle is knowing your face shape. The ideal way to determine if you have a round face is to measure the width of your jaw, cheeks, and forehead. Round faces tend to have soft facial features. The cheeks and the part directly below them seem to be more pronounced and fuller.
- First, use a scale to check the width of your forehead. Find the widest point. For most people, it should be in the middle of the hairline and eyebrows.
- Then check the cheek width. It is an ear to ear measurement that begins and ends at the points where your ears touch your face. This should be the widest dimension of your cheeks.
- Next measure the widest part of your jaw.
- Take the length measurement of your face beginning at the base of your hair and ending at the top of your chin.
- The width and length of your face are the same.
- Her cheeks are the widest.
- Your jaw is rounder than at an angle.
- The length of your face is short.
If you have all of these checked, it means that your face shape is round, and this article is for you!
You need to cut the width of your face to make it look slim. Concentrate on emphasizing your facial features.
Your face shape plays a crucial role in determining which hairstyles look good on you or not.
- A center parting: A center parting with voluminous hair gives the face a slender look. If you have full hair, make sure the hair is voluminous towards the end or to the chin. This gives the jaw area more definition.
- Clutter: An untidy hairstyle (messy bun or ponytail) gives your hair a voluminous look and directs focus from the roundness of your face.
- Pony: Full frontally tapered pony, side swept pony and deep side swept pony look fantastic on round faces. These bangs make the face slimmer and bring the focus forward, which draws attention to the eyes and mouth. Choose feathered bangs over thick bangs to give your face a slimmer look. A tapered, feathered pony makes the lower half of the face appear smaller than the rest of the face. It will emphasize the cheekbones.
- Layers: Long layers look fantastic on round faces. Soft, voluminous curls, waves or straight hair make the face appear thinner. Perfect for women with round faces. Wipy layers make the face and neck look elongated. Long hair layers on one side of the face make it look slim.
- The Bob: If you’re looking for a bob, try the rag (long) bob or a chaotic bob). A rag (short at the back, long at the front) gives the face a long look. A messy bob has choppy, uneven hair near the face, which makes it look thin. People with thin, round faces can deduct bobsleigh cuts like the pixie or the regular short bob.
- Volume: Hold your hair higher at the crown. Add more volume. To increase the head height, gently pull the hair near the crown and brush it with a fishtail comb from the ends to the roots. Keep your remaining hair straight and strapless for a smoother look.
If you want to dye your hair completely, then try a shade that is a shade lighter or darker than your natural hair color. Try an ombre with dark roots and bright edges. Keep the hair closest to the face dark. Lowlights above and highlights below are good for round faces.
The best thing about a round face is that you’re soft For that reason, you can decide which accent you want to put.
- Try long earrings to make the face clearer.
- Make up your cheeks with contours. A dark lip color attracts attention, while playful eyeshadow and eyeliner paints emphasize the eyes.
- Avoid long hairstyles. Try layering as these will give your hair more volume and make your face slimmer.
- Try chains that are not too long. They can be heavy or light.
- Try headbands, but drop your pony.
- Glasses: angular / geometric frames give the face a more striking and detailed lines. Rectangular frames and rectangular retro frames make a round face appear thin and long. Browline frames highlight cheeks and eyes. Keep away from small, short and round frames as they make your face look rounder.
Do you find it difficult to find a hairstyle for a round face? We take the help of the best. Here are some celebrities who have the same face shape as you. Try these hairstyles and find out which ones you love.
30 celebrity hairstyles with the best round faces
. 1 Cameron Diaz
Cameron Diaz looks like an angel with this wavy, layered, shoulder-length haircut. The dark color on the top and the side bangs work to highlight her jaw while reducing the width of the face. Her two special features are her eyes and the wide, beautiful smile that brings out this hairstyle perfectly. This hairstyle is perfect for women with round faces.
. 2 Emma Stone
Yeah, her Oscar looks had a lot of headache, but I like how perfectly Emma Stone’s reddish-brown hair fits her green eyes. She is a natural blonde but shows auburn hair most of the time. The side pops give the face a lateral focus and focus on the eyes and the smile.
. 3 Frieda Pinto
Frieda Pinto looks phenomenal in this hairstyle. The one-sided long, one-sided short, structured bob makes your round face look longer and slimmer. The side parting is a great way to give your face a reddish look. This look emphasizes all the features of her beautiful face.
. 4 May Jagger
The center parting works wonders for people with round faces. Whether you have a thin or round face, a center parting looks great with long, flowing hair. Take a cue from May Jagger and try it with slightly wavy hair. It narrows your face while the side pops focus on the eyes, nose, and mouth.
. 5 Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
Aishwarya Rai Bachchan looks stunning in this hairstyle. The strands of hair near her face focus on her eyes. Improve your eyes even further by using an eyeliner. Although this hairstyle may need professional help to recreate, do not exclude it. The high bun adds volume to the top of the head and makes a round face look longer.
. 6 Kaley Cuoco
This wavy rag layered by Kaley Cuoco not only looks amazing, but also extends a round face. The layers also make her face look slimmer. This hairstyle makes Kaley’s face look heart-shaped rather than round.
. 7 Jordin Sparks
This stunning hairstyle is perfect for round faces. The curls remove the focus from the face, giving more volume to the bottom of the hair and giving your face a slim look. Just pin the top of one side of your hair and let the rest go. This hairstyle gives your face a more edgy look.
. 8 Miranda Kerr
Supermodel Miranda Kerr looks fantastic in this beautiful hairstyle. The soft curls on the underside make her face look slender, while the height added to her hair on the crown gives her face a longer look. The lighter hair color brings focus to her gray eyes.
. 9 Michelle Williams
The light front bang accentuates Michelle Williams, bewitching hazel eyes. The darker tone of hair on her head and the pony take her the length of the forehead. A center parting with voluminous hair makes a round face look slimmer.
10th Amy Adams
If you have a round face, try to give your hair more height on the crown. This makes a face look longer. The soft, big waves seen in Amy Adams give the facial features more definition, rather than improving the shape of your face itself.
. 11 Mila Kunis
Mila Kunis stunned in this straight lobe with thick ends. The dark hair color emphasizes her eyes and the side parting makes her face look longer. Overall, this hairstyle is perfect for round faces.
12th Drew Barrymore
Big waves with a center parting work to make your face look thinner. Give your hair tips like Drew Barrymore more volume to make your chin look slimmer. This hairstyle takes the focus off your round face shape.
. 13 Isla Fisher
Isla Fisher looks great with this dirty web of pages. Weaving your entire hair on one side will reduce the volume of your hair near your cheeks, making your face look slender. The lateral separation from the side pop gives the face an angular approach and directs the focus on eyes and mouth.
fourteenth Kirsten Dunst
Kirsten Dunst looks great in this hairstyle. The deep side pop brings focus to her eyes and cheekbones, making her face look thin. The layers make her face look elongated.
15th Olivia Munn
Wispy Ends work wonders on round faces. Olivia Munn’s sharp waves emphasize her cheekbones and make her look so perfect! The wispy ends make your face and neck look longer.
sixteenth Queen Latifah
Queen Latifah’s straight, textured rag is perfect. The bright colors near her face make it look slimmer, while the short to long length of the lobe gives her face a longish look. If you are a bit chubby, try out this hairstyle and watch it unfold!
17th Malin Akerman
Tapered side pops narrow the forehead and accentuate facial features such as eyes, nose and jaw. The train in front of the pony adds volume at the top, making the face look elongated. The medium ponytail focuses on the lower half of the face and makes it look sweeter.
18th Kate Bosworth
The center parting with a messy ponytail is perfect for a round face. The best thing about messy wavy hair is that it gives your hair more volume. However, if you have a round face, you have to use it like Kate Bosworth to your advantage. The messy waves on the upper edge provide the necessary volume, so her face looks slim and long. Tying the remaining hair to a low pony prevents the hair from looking voluminous near the cheeks, as this enhances the roundness of the face.
19th Amber Tamblyn
Layers always look good with round faces. They make a face look both thinner and longer. The soft curls provide more volume at the end of the hair, making the top look thinner and your face slimmer. The lighter hair color near Amber Tamblyn’s eyes draws attention.
20th Mindy Kaling
Mindy Kaling totally rocks this shoulder-length Bob. The red markings on the ends make her face appear thinner, emphasizing her jaw and showing perfect eyebrows.
21st Penelope Cruz
For a round face the volume on top of the head is a good thing. Pair it with pony and you’re as good as gold. Penelope Cruz looks stunning in this beehive bun with frontal pony. Do not worry if you do not have a pony or do not want to cut your hair – try an artificial pony. The feathered pony at the front emphasizes her eyes and eyebrows while decreasing the width of the forehead.
22nd Taylor Schilling
Taylor Schilling looks incredible in this shoulder-length, layered hairstyle. Layers that start just below the chin make your face appear longer and narrower in the jaw area. The lateral separation emphasizes her blue eyes.
23rd Sarah Hyland
Sarah Hyland looks impressive in this high bun look. The high bun not only emphasizes her cheeks, but also makes her face look long. Give this look your own flair by using a dark lipstick.
24th Cara Delevingne
Side swept hair on one side looks fantastic, and Cara Delevingne proves it. Pin all your hair on one side to get that look. The subtle waves give the hair more volume. The height added to the hair near the crown makes her face look longer.
25th Charlize Theron
There is no hairstyle that would not look good on this goddess. Charlize Theron absolutely stuns in this hairstyle. The raised pony gives the hair more height and gives the face a longer look. The lower inward hair layers smooth the face directly on the chin.
26th Kelly Osbourne
It should come as no surprise that this trendsetter and the fashion police alum is on this list. Kelly Osbourne is known for her remarkable hair colors, which we can see in this picture. This slim hairstyle looks perfect for an event. While the elegant pony may not flatter a round face shape, combine it with a side pony and you have magic.
27th Mandy Moore
Mandy Moore looks so elegant and pretty in this hairstyle. The layers that start at her chin give her jaw more definition and make her face look long. The inner and outer layers at the bottom give your hair a fuller look. The lateral separation makes her forehead look smaller and brings the focus to her eyes.
28th Chrissy Teigen
Chrissy Teigen’s style is a dream! She looks great in this hairstyle. The tight, high bun looks slightly like an artificial face lift. If you comb your hair higher, your cheeks will be slightly raised and accentuated. This hairstyle also narrows the lower half of the face.
29th Kelly Clarkson
Short, spiky, smooth-layered hair, like Kelly’s, looks great on all round faces. The side pops and layers take away the width of the face and give it a thinner look. The outer ends give the hair more volume. The layers near the jaw give the face a longer appearance.
30th Jennifer Lawrence
Jennifer Lawrence looks good in almost every hairstyle, but this is my favorite. If you have a thin, round face and want a bob, this is perfect. The long-sided pony draws attention to eyes and cheeks. The light and dark tones work together to make her face slimmer. If you have long hair, simply tie your hair to a deep knot on the back to repeat that look.
So these are my tips for hairstyles that have worked on celebrities with round faces. The key is to try a few and find out which ones suit you or not. Be careful when trying a short bob. Try them – and have fun!